Mission, Vision & Values
IPHI mobilizes stakeholders, catalyzes partnerships and leads action to improve public health systems to maximize health, health equity and quality of life for people in communities.
Optimal physical, mental and social well-being for all people in Illinois through a high-functioning public health system comprised of active public, private and voluntary partners.
- Optimal health and quality of life are basic to the attainment of human potential and a strong society, and society must therefore foster the optimal health of its members.
- Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.
- Health disparities resulting from social inequities are unjust and must be corrected.
- Preventing disease and disability and promoting well-being is a more effective and efficient route to having a healthy population than treating disease and disability after it occurs.
- Broad stakeholder participation that reflects cultural competency, diversity and inclusiveness must be an integral component of efforts to improve systems.
- Public health system improvements and innovations should be based on and supported by qualitative and quantitative data, evidence-based approaches, best practices and continuous quality improvement.
- Recognizing that many people face barriers to making responsible, healthy choices, IPHI works to create the conditions where people have the ability to be actively engaged in their health.
- IPHI staff and board organize and conduct our work, implement projects and execute our mission in accordance with our values.