Support from Grandparents
From the USDA Women, Infant & Children (WIC) program, view information for grandparents on the benefits of breastfeeding, what to expect, and how to support breastfeeding.
USDA WIC- Dear Dad
Resources from the United States Department of Agriculture, Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) program’s “Dear Dad” campaign. Resources include how dads can support their breastfeeding partner, basic breastfeeding information, and bonding between dad and baby.
Additional Resources for Partners/Families
USDA WIC Resources for Dads & Families:
- Video on how dads can support breastfeeding
- Video on how grandparents can support breastfeeding
- Fathers Supporting Breastfeeding Campaign– this resource helps to increase breastfeeding initiation and duration rates among African American women by involving fathers in breastfeeding promotion efforts. Includes posters and brochures.
- Magical Bond of Love: Breastfeeding for Families– Culturally appropriate materials to communicate with Hispanic families about the benefits of breastfeeding. Includes posters and brochures.
- Breastfeeding Basics for Grandparents brochure