Early Care & Education
Illinois Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Resources
Trainings and tools are available to support child care providers in creating breastfeeding-friendly policies, practices, and environments at their site. Check out the Breastfeeding Trainings available in the Gateways to Opportunities Professional Development system for child care providers. The trainings also provide access to a self-assessment tool called Go NAPSACC, which includes an infant feeding module, so providers can assess their own practices against best practices.
Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care from San Diego
The University of California San Diego created these breastfeeding-friendly child care resources to help train and support chilcare providers to support families to breastfeed. Resources include training videos and online courses.
Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Resources from Other States:
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute
- Colorado Department of Public Health
- Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition
- Breastfeeding Support in the Child Care Setting summary for childcare providers
- Introductory training slides, “Introduction to Supporting the Breastfeeding Family“
- Supporting the Breastfed Infant During Emergencies in the Child Care Setting
- Wisconsin Department of Public Health