Early Care & Education
Illinois Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Centers
View breastfeeding-friendly childcare resources and materials from the Illinois Department of Human Services and the Illinois Breastfeeding Task Force. Materials include a powerpoint with 10 easy steps to being a breastfeeding friendly child care center, a self-appraisal questionnaire for child care centers, and sample evaluations for day care center staff.
Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care from San Diego
The University of California San Diego created these breastfeeding-friendly child care resources to help train and support chilcare providers to support families to breastfeed. Resources include training videos and online courses.
Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care Resources from Other States:
- Carolina Global Breastfeeding Institute
- Breastfeeding University– online, evidence-based free learning modules created for childcare providers and trainers of early care and education providers. A free account is required.
- Ten Steps to Breastfeeding-Friendly Child Care with printable download
- Colorado Department of Public Health
- Kansas Breastfeeding Coalition
- Breastfeeding Support in the Child Care Setting summary for childcare providers
- Introductory training slides, “Introduction to Supporting the Breastfeeding Family“
- Supporting the Breastfed Infant During Emergencies in the Child Care Setting
- Wisconsin Department of Public Health