ISPAN Framework & Strategic Planning Resources
View the ISPAN Breastfeeding Strategic Framework
View the ISPAN breastfeeding strategic framework that includes a goal, vision, and objectives for ISPAN work for 2020 through 2023.
CDC Guide to Strategies to Support Breastfeeding
This guide developed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention provides public health professionals and others information on how to select strategies to support breastfeeding mothers and increase breastfeeding rates.
Findings on Breastfeeding from Focus Groups with Moms Across Illinois
“Challenging Cultural Barriers and Creating a More Supportive Society: Findings on Breastfeeding from Focus Groups with Moms Across Illinois,” is a February 2020 report that outlines key findings from focus groups across Illinois that helped to inform the Illinois SPAN breastfeeding strategy.
Additional Resources for Strategic Planning
- Improving Lactation Support and Continuity of Care: Strategy Examples document developed by the Illinois Public Health Institute.
- Saving Tomorrow Today: An African American Breastfeeding Blueprint. This report from Reaching Our Sisters Everywhere (ROSE) and HealthConnect One highlights African-American breastfeeding data and key recommendations for improving support.
- Illinois Breastfeeding Blueprint: A Plan for Change
- Removing Barriers to Breastfeeding: A Structural Race Analysis of First Food. This 2015 report from the Center for Social Inclusion highlights the structural barriers that women face during pregnancy, at the hospital, and in their first weeks and months at home after the baby is born.
- Resources from the National Association of County & City Health Officials (NACCHO):