In collaboration with the IAPO, Illinois Stewardship Alliance, the Illinois Local Food, Farms, and Jobs Council (ILFFJC), and several other key stakeholders, IPHI held a state-wide “Healthy Farms, Healthy People” symposium to address food access, regulations, food safety, and production/supply issues October 23, 2012, in order to further deepen and strengthen relationships between the public health and local food communities. This is a report from that meeting.
- ISPAN Success Stories: How Local Efforts Transformed the Built Environment to Promote Physical Activity
- Community Organizations Receive Funds to Plan for Medical Respite Care Programs
- Chicago CARES Success Stories: Building Community and Skills for a Long-Term Lifestyle Change to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes
- USDA Awards $16 Million to the Illinois Public Health Institute and Partners to Improve Access to Nutritious, Locally Grown, and Culturally Relevant Foods for Children
- ISPAN Success Stories: Four Diverse Approaches to Breastfeeding