Ensuring families are supported in their lactation journeys, from the prenatal period through birth and postpartum, is critical to increasing breastfeeding initiation and duration in the United States. This resource guide provides examples of strategies various institutions have taken to support breastfeeding and improve continuity of care. Case study examples and resources are described for healthcare, community, early care and education, worksites, and more.
- ISPAN Success Stories: How Local Efforts Transformed the Built Environment to Promote Physical Activity
- Community Organizations Receive Funds to Plan for Medical Respite Care Programs
- Chicago CARES Success Stories: Building Community and Skills for a Long-Term Lifestyle Change to Avoid Type 2 Diabetes
- USDA Awards $16 Million to the Illinois Public Health Institute and Partners to Improve Access to Nutritious, Locally Grown, and Culturally Relevant Foods for Children
- ISPAN Success Stories: Four Diverse Approaches to Breastfeeding