In order to effectively accomplish specific public education, advocacy and systems change goals in the IAPO Roadmap (the 8 objectives), IAPO’s short-term goals, and long-term goals, IAPO convenes six workgroups, each focusing one (or more) goals/objectives contained in the IAPO Roadmap, Short-Term Goals, and Long-Term Roadmap Goals. Members of the Working Groups are individuals drawn from the organizations on the Leadership Council and in the General Membership. Each of the six workgroups is led by co-chairs – at least one of them sits on the Steering Committee.
- Childhood Nutrition and Physical Activity in Educational Settings
- Physical Activity in Community and Other Institutional Settings
- Nutrition in Community and Other Institutional Settings
- Local Food Systems / Food Access
- Obesity Prevention through Clinical Interventions and Access to Care
- Healthy & Active Communities Network
Stay informed and get involved!
Sign up for IAPO’s email newsletters & Action Alerts.
Engage with IAPO