On October 11, 2017, the Cook County Board of Commissioners voted 15-2 to repeal the County’s sweetened beverage tax. Critical Cook County services and the health of our children lost to Big Soda’s multi-million dollar campaign to protect its profits. That means diseases linked to sugary drink consumption, like type 2 diabetes, heart disease and […]
July 28, 2017- Cook County Circuit Judge Daniel Kubasiak dismissed the lawsuit filed by the Illinois Retail Merchants Association alleging that the Cook County sweetened beverage tax was unconstitutional. The tax will now go into effect on August 2, 2017. More information about the implementation of the tax is available on the County’s website. IPHI […]
What we do
- IAPO Coalition Webinar – Looking Ahead: What’s Next for Obesity Prevention?
- Public Health 3.0 Workforce Development Forum
- All In Two-Part Webinar Series: Using Electronic Health Data for Community Health
- Call for Abstracts: PH 3.0 Workforce Development Forum
- Register to listen: Webinar on supporting daily P.E. programs