There will be a total of six training opportunities: Three for elementary/middle school teachers, three for middle/high school teachers.
Updates: All trainings are now full. Sign up below if you would like to receive updates about future training opportunities. For other inquiries, email Sarah Chusid at Sarah.Chusid@iphionline.org or call (312) 850-4744 ext. 10.
Also, we invite you to listen to our webinar Pump Up P.E.: Ways to Effectively Engage Parents. This is a separate thing from the trainings but we wanted you to know about this learning opportunity! Click here to download the recording (brief registration required)
Physical educators who attend this one-day training will learn about:
– Recent P.E. developments in Illinois
– Recent revisions to State Learning Standards (SLS) on Physical Development & Health – including a thorough review of the SLS
– Benefits of Enhanced P.E. for students’ health and academic achievement
Physical educators will leave the training with practical, immediately applicable strategies, and tools & resources to:
– Increase MVPA using modified games and classroom management procedures
– Use backwards design to align curriculum with State Learning Standards
– Administer the fitness tests that will be required in IL starting in the 2016‐17 academic year
– Understand what to do with fitness data – keys to meaningful implementation
– Teach the brain/body connection – getting students to ‘own’ their fitness
– Champion P.E. and wellness efforts in their schools, districts and communities
The training schedule is as follows: (All trainings from 9am-3pm.)
You will find general information on the locations of these trainings below. Specific site locations will be provided when they’ve been secured.
Training Dates, Levels & General Locations
|March, 2016||Tues, 3/15||Wed, 3/16||Thurs, 3/17|
|April, 2016||Tues, 4/5||Weds, 4/6||Thurs, 4/7|
Please note corrected location: Location for 3/15 training: The Centre of Elgin, 100 Symphony Way, Elgin, IL 60120
Location for 4/5 training: Prisco Community Center, 150 W Illinois Ave, Aurora, IL 60506
4/7 training location: Joliet Township High School District 204 Business Office, 300 Caterpillar Drive, Joliet, Illinois, 60436
Funding for these trainings has been made possible by a grant from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
SIGN UP TO RECEIVE UPDATES ABOUT FUTURE TRAININGS & OTHER P.E. ADVOCACY OPPORTUNITIES: