The Illinois Public Health Institute will host Pump Up P.E.: Promote Health, Learning & Lifelong Fitness, a 6.5 hour professional development workshop for P.E. teachers on Wednesday, November 15, 2017.
Download the promotional flyer here.
5 reasons to attend a Pump Up P.E. workshop:
- See real results in your classroom. This program is proven to build the capacity of P.E. teachers and increase student physical activity levels.
- Strengthen your curriculum. Bring your P.E./health curricula into alignment with current best practices and new state learning standards
- Meet state P.E. requirements. Get the tools you need to ensure you are complying with Illinois state requirements around fitness testing and reporting.
- Maximize students’ academic achievement.Evidence shows that regular physical activity is linked to better academic, behavioral, and health outcomes for students.
- Support lifelong fitness. Provide your students with the knowledge, skills, and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of physical activities!
Cost: $150 per teacher – REGISTER BELOW
What do I get for $150?
- Hands-on fitness testing administration & game modification practice
- Deep dive into mapping the revised State Learning Standards on Physical Development & Health to your lessons/activities
- Workshops/peer-learning activities – network & learn from other P.E. teachers
- Resource binder packed with fitness testing protocols, the full set of State Learning Standards and much, much more!
- Grade-level specific guidance
- 6 Continuing Professional Development Units
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017, 8:30am-3:00pm
Location: IEA Professional Development Center, 3440 Liberty Dr., Springfield, IL 62704
Registration instructions: First answer the basic information questions. You may register up to five teachers at one time. You will then be prompted to put in the teacher(s’) information (you will need name, school, district, contact info, teaching level and IEINs). After that, fill out the payment information section at the bottom of the form and click submit to be redirected to PayPal so you can complete the payment process.
Contact Sarah Chusid, Enhanced P.E. Specialist, at Sarah.Chusid@iphionline.org or (312) 850-4744 if you have questions or concerns.