The Illinois Public Health Institute is once again offering a series of FREE, one-day trainings for physical educators in Suburban Cook County.
We have now set the 2016-17 training schedule!
See date/levels/general locations and register below.
Please note: This is the same training that was offered last year. If you already attended, no need to do so again unless you want a refresher.
Trainings run from 8:30am-3pm.
6.5 Professional Development hours are available.
Download a flyer about the trainings here.
Watch a CBS video about this project here.
Physical educators who attend this one-day training will learn about:
– Recent P.E. developments in Illinois
– Recent revisions to State Learning Standards (SLS) on Physical Development & Health – including a thorough review of the SLS
– Benefits of Enhanced P.E. for students’ health and academic achievement
Physical educators will leave the training with practical, immediately-applicable strategies, and tools & resources to:
– Increase moderate-to-vigorous activity levels in classes using modified games and classroom management procedures
– Use backwards design to align curriculum with State Learning Standards
– Administer the fitness tests that will be required in IL starting in the 2016‐17 academic year
– Understand what to do with fitness data – keys to meaningful implementation
– Teach the brain/body connection – getting students to ‘own’ their fitness
– Champion P.E. and wellness efforts in their schools, districts and communities
Notes: Full trainings are crossed out.
|Tuesday, 2/28/17||West||Berwyn||PAV YMCA, 2947 S. Oak Park Ave, Berwyn IL 60402||High|
|Wednesday, 8/9/17||South||Flossmoor/Chicago Heights||Flossmoor Community Church, 2218 Hutchison Rd., Flossmoor, IL 60422||Elem/Middle|
These trainings are made possible with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the Healthy HotSpot initiative led by the Cook County Department of Public Health.
REGISTER BELOW FOR 2016-17 TRAININGS