On Tuesday, May 24th (8:30am-3pm) the Illinois Public Health Institute is offering a FREE, one-day training for elementary and middle school-level physical educators in central Illinois.
Location: Wanless Elementary School, 2120 E Reservoir St, Springfield, IL 62702.
Update: This training is now full. Sign up below if you would like to receive updates about future training/learning opportunities. For other inquiries, email Sarah Chusid at Sarah.Chusid@iphionline.org or call (312) 850-4744 ext. 10
Also, we invite you to listen to our webinar Pump Up P.E.: Ways to Effectively Engage Parents. This is a separate thing from the trainings but we wanted you to know about this learning opportunity! Click here to download the recording (brief registration required).
Professional Development hours are available.
Physical educators who attend this one-day training will learn about:
– Recent P.E. developments in Illinois
– Recent revisions to State Learning Standards (SLS) on Physical Development & Health – including a thorough review of the SLS
– Benefits of Enhanced P.E. for students’ health and academic achievement
Physical educators will leave the training with practical, immediately applicable strategies, and tools & resources to:
– Increase MVPA using modified games and classroom management procedures
– Use backwards design to align curriculum with State Learning Standards
– Administer the fitness tests that will be required in IL starting in the 2016‐17 academic year
– Understand what to do with fitness data – keys to meaningful implementation
– Teach the brain/body connection – getting students to ‘own’ their fitness
– Champion P.E. and wellness efforts in their schools, districts and communities
SIGN UP FOR 2016-17 TRAINING SCHEDULE UPDATES