Pump Up P.E. is a professional development program that trains P.E. teachers to implement high-quality enhanced physical education (EPE) programs in Illinois that prepare students for a lifetime of health and fitness.
We offer a variety of options to fit your budget and needs! After attending a Pump Up P.E. teacher training program and/or technical assistance session, teachers will have the capacity to:
- Increase moderate-to-vigorous physical activity levels in P.E. classes through classroom management and activities
- Align curricula to the revised State Learning Standards on Physical Development & Health
- Administer the required Illinois fitness tests and use the data to improve P.E. programming
- Teach the brain/body connection – getting students to ‘own’ their fitness
- Champion P.E. and wellness efforts in schools, districts and communities
Join the over 800 P.E. teachers from approximately 300 districts across the state that have attended trainings/technical assistance sessions led by our seasoned P.E. teacher trainers!
Top 5 Reasons to Attend a Pump Up P.E. Training
- See real results in your classroom. An independent evaluation of Pump Up P.E found that teachers trained through the program reported statistically significant increases in in their knowledge and capacity and increased physical activity levels among their students.
- Strengthen your curriculum. Pump Up P.E. helps teachers bring their P.E./health curricula into alignment with current best practices and new state learning standards. Read what participating teachers and administrators have to say.
- Meet state P.E. requirements. Pump Up P.E. provides teachers with the tools they need to ensure they are complying with Illinois state requirements around fitness testing and reporting.
- Maximize students’ academic achievement. Students who are physically active also perform better in the classroom. Studies demonstrate a link between regular physical activity and improved academic, behavioral and health outcomes among students.
- Support lifelong fitness. Pump Up P.E. will help you prepare your students for long-term success by providing them with the knowledge, skills and confidence to enjoy a lifetime of physical activities!
Training Packages – click here for a flyer version
|Full-Day Training||Half-Day Training – Ideal for Institute Days!|
|This 6-hour training provides in-depth information and hands-on, interactive workshops to help P.E. teachers put enhanced P.E. approaches into practice.||This three-hour training provides P.E. teachers with a high-level overview of enhanced P.E. teaching approaches.|
Breaks down to approximately $140 per per training participant – 30 participants maximum*
|Cost: $1,400 (Breaks down to approximately $47 per training participant – 30 participants maximum)*|
Personalized Technical Assistance Sessions
Districts can schedule technical assistance sessions with our master trainers to alignyour P.E./health curriculum with the revised State Learning Standards on Physical Development & Health. Tailored to your needs, budget and schedule, we can help your teachers write a Scope & Sequence, P.E./health curriculum and assessments from scratch or update your current ones. CDPUs are available. Cost: $90 per hour.*
* Stated costs are estimates only. Final cost may change depending on the details of your training/TA sessions.
Sign up for more information and/or to schedule your training/TA sessions!
The Pump Up P.E. training program was developed with funding from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention through the Healthy HotSpot initiative led by the Cook County Department of Public Health.