Originally presented on Marh 24-25, 2011
The NIATx Quality Improvement Model is a, practical, evidence based approach to quality improvement that is being applied in over 2500 health and human service settings around the country. The Change Leader Academy is designed to help transform committed learners into committed leaders of change. The emphasis in the Academy is on the practical learning necessary to go back to your agency/community and begin your quality improvement practice immediately through the use of rapid cycle testing of change strategies. Whether you are new to quality improvement or have been working on building a quality culture, this training is for you. You will learn the framework, receive the resources and support to successfully apply the model and become a Change Leader.
Participants in the Change Leader Academy will:
1. Understand the core principles, practices, and tools essential to effectively leading change using the NIATx approach to process improvement.
2. Practice the use of the principles, practices, and tools as part of their hands on learning experience.
3. Learn the critical roles, responsibilities, and relationships essential to the successful deployment of a change model.
4. Leave the Change Leader Academy ready to apply their learning to a specific improvement in their agency/community.
5. Have access to no-cost expert technical assistance as they develop and implement their improvement projects.
IPLAN coordinators, administrators, health educators, nurses, preventionists and health promoters are encouraged to participate.
Director of Change Management
NIATx, CHESS, University of Wisconsin-Madison