In Phase One of the project, the IADP designed a voluntary accreditation framework to enhance the Illinois local public health certification program and develop a more performance-based accreditation program. In Phase Two, the IADP created and tested systems, tools and protocols for a potential Illinois Accreditation Program to ensure the new program is focused on quality improvement. Beginning in April 2008, Phase Three of the IADP focused on specific quality improvement targets, the application of QI techniques and further refinements in the proposed voluntary accreditation process.
The Project was governed by the Illinois Accreditation Development Task Force that included representatives from the following organizations:
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Illinois Department of Human Services
- Illinois Association of Public Health Administrators
- Northern Illinois Public Health Consortium
- Southern Illinois Public Health Consortium
- Illinois Association of Boards of Health
- University of Illinois at Chicago/School of Public Health
- Illinois Public Health Association
The 2009 Illinois Accreditation Task Force was staffed by the Illinois Public Health Institute. Click here for a complete list of members.