From June through December of 2014 the Governor’s Office of Health Innovation and Transformation (GOHIT) convened stakeholder Work Groups to support the development of recommendations for the Alliance for Health Innovation Plan and the 1115 waiver application. IPHI helped coordinate the stakeholder feedback process which resulted in over 200 recommendations to transform Illinois’ healthcare and human service system.
The GOHIT Work Group recommendations addressed the five health system transformation drivers that were identified in the Innovation Plan and the Medicaid Section 1115 waiver application:
- Integrated Delivery System Reform
- Supports and Services for people with specific needs
- Public health integration
- Workforce expansion
- Data and technology, for continuous health system improvement
IPHI served as Work Group Coordinators for the Data and Technology Work Group and the Long-term Services and Support Subcommittee. Between the two groups, the Stakeholder Engagement Team facilitated 28 meetings and conducted 13 surveys with over 700 stakeholders. The diverse group of stakeholders included:
- Consumers of waiver services
- Advocates, parents and families of consumers
- Medical providers
- Service providers from behavioral health, social services, aging, developmental disabilities, home & community-based services
- State staff from the Department of Healthcare and Family Services, the Department of Human Services, the Department on Aging, and the Department of Public Health
- Health plans
- Community health centers
- Information managers and data stewards
Stakeholders participated through the use of conference calls, in-person meetings, webinars, polls and surveys resulting in recommendations around:
- Service Definitions & Provider Qualifications
- Conflict-Free Case Management
- Person-Centered Planning
- Care Coordination Platform
- Portable Care Plan
The final report is divided into 3 sections: (1) Report (2) Detailed recommendations and (3) Additional Material Appendices.
For more information on each of the Work Groups and to access all of the meeting materials from the stakeholder engagement process, please visit the GOHIT website.