This position is currently closed.
The Illinois Public Health Institute (IPHI) is seeking an energetic and well-organized team member to join our team to support a new Health Impact Assessment (HIA) project in Englewood, in collaboration with the Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH). This project will engage community stakeholders in assessing how a planned elevated trail (the Englewood Line Trail) along a two mile former railroad embankment could impact the health and social well-being of the residents of Englewood. The assistant will also help with a variety of special projects being implemented by IPHI’s policy and community capacity teams, and the CEO. These may include qualitative policy research projects, stakeholder-engaged assessment, planning and policy projects, training events, resource development and organizational development initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the work of 1) internal/project teams and partners and 2) external community or expert advisory bodies, including scheduling meetings, communicating with participants and producing pre- and post-meeting materials.
- Coordinate with community partners to plan and execute in-person community input events in Englewood (and other communities as needed by particular projects) by organizing and managing logistics, coordinating presenters and facilitators, developing and producing event materials, and conducting meeting follow-up.
- Assist in data collection (e.g. interviews, focus groups, and surveys, secondary datasets) in Englewood and on other projects; assist with analysis; and prepare visual and narrative summaries of qualitative and quantitative data for reports.
- Provide research assistance on evidence-based best practices and policies, using both scholarly literature and information from national and state policy and practice organizations; assist with research and development of curricula, tools and other resources.
- Support communications and outreach through development and distribution of program communications and marketing, through e-marketing, social media, web content and media relations.
- Support and maintain records and information on project-related stakeholders, participants, and other constituents through IPHI’s constituent relationship management system; maintain other project-specific records.
- Assist with drafting and editing grant proposals, research reports, white papers, background documents, fact sheets, newsletters, other organizing and communications materials and funder reports.
- Administrative and clerical support including copying, ordering supplies, data entry, and other needs.